This put up might comprise affiliate hyperlinks. Please learn our disclosure policy.
When you longed to dip into the vacation punch bowl that held the spiked eggnog, now’s your likelihood to indulge on this candy, heat, scrumptious bourbon eggnog. It is creamy and comfortable and excellent for a chilly winter’s night.
To not be overly simplistic, however so far as we see it, there are two varieties of individuals on this world: those that love eggnog and those that don’t. This bourbon eggnog recipe is for the nog-lovers on the market! It is obtained all of the soul-warming elements you cherish, like cinnamon and nutmeg, plus simply the correct quantity of bourbon.
For this recipe, you should use selfmade eggnog, or save a while and use the store-bought selection. Both manner, this bourbon eggnog is strictly the elevation you are on the lookout for.
What’s the perfect bourbon for eggnog?
Bourbon is a kind of whiskey, constructed from grain mash together with wheat, rye, barley, and not less than 51% corn. It’s native to the US (not like different varieties of whiskey). Sometimes bourbon is a sweeter whiskey, that has notes of oak, spiced vanilla, and caramel.
To pair bourbon along with your eggnog, you will need to decide a bourbon that helps carry out the flavors already current within the eggnog, similar to cinnamon and vanilla.
When you’re an enormous bourbon fan, take a look at all of our bourbon recipes!
This is what you will must carry your bourbon and eggnog cocktail to life!
- Eggnog: You may want 6 ounces of eggnog (selfmade or store-bought) to make a single serving of bourbon eggnog.
- Bourbon: Add 1 ½ ounces of bourbon to your nog for a boozy, vanilla, caramel style.
- Cinnamon and nutmeg: Add only a pinch of every spice to boost the flavors already current within the eggnog.
- Cinnamon sticks: Including a cinnamon stick or two is only for garnish, nevertheless, it does look inviting and smells nice as you sip your eggnog.
- Non-compulsory (however extremely beneficial): You actually do not want to do that step, but it surely does make for a reasonably and enjoyable addition to your glass – attempt a cinnamon sugar rim to essentially take this excessive!
make bourbon eggnog
This bourbon eggnog recipe is tremendous easy, particularly if you happen to’re utilizing premade eggnog! This is what you will do:
- Make the cinnamon sugar rim: This step is technically non-compulsory, nevertheless, if you wish to have a tasty rimmer on your glass make this prematurely in a small bowl. Moist the glass and dip into the cinnamon sugar.
- Add the eggnog and bourbon to your glass: As soon as you have added each elements, give it a stir.
- Garnish & get pleasure from: Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg, add your cinnamon stick, and sip away!
flip a single serving right into a punch bowl of bourbon eggnog
When you plan to serve this bourbon eggnog cocktail for a cocktail party or vacation event, you may simply flip this single-serving recipe into an enormous batch.
All that you must do is flip each ounce right into a cup.
You’ll due to this fact want 6 cups of eggnog and 1 ½ cups of bourbon, plus half a teaspoon of cinnamon and half a teaspoon of nutmeg. And remember a lot of cinnamon sticks and rimmer for these festive glasses!
Is eggnog truly made with eggs?
Sure, it’s. If you’re allergic to eggs, eggnog is not a good suggestion for consumption.
Can I exploit premade or store-bought eggnog?
You completely can! Decide your favourite eggnog up from the shop and comply with the remainder of the bourbon eggnog recipe as written. Yum!
Can I exploit dairy-free eggnog?
You certain can! When you can’t tolerate dairy, a dairy-free eggnog can simply be substituted for the dairy sort. The remainder of the bourbon eggnog recipe will stay the identical.
Can I exploit one other kind of alcohol to make boozy eggnog?
Sure, you may. Conventional recipes of spiked eggnog use rum and Cognac, which might be an amazing different to bourbon.
How lengthy does eggnog with bourbon final?
If saved in an hermetic container or jar within the fridge, it should final about 5 days.
Serving: 1 cocktail, Energy: 248kcal (12%), Carbohydrates: 14g (5%), Protein: 8g (16%), Fats: 7g (11%), Saturated Fats: 4g (25%), Polyunsaturated Fats: 0.3g, Monounsaturated Fats: 2g, Ldl cholesterol: 100mg (33%), Sodium: 92mg (4%), Potassium: 282mg (8%), Fiber: 0.1g, Sugar: 14g (16%), Vitamin A: 351IU (7%), Vitamin C: 3mg (4%), Calcium: 223mg (22%), Iron: 0.4mg (2%)